Saturday 10-5; and Sunday 10-4
Ranked #44 in the 100 Best Art Fairs in the United States in 2016 by Sunshine Artist Magazine, Art Spectacular at the Carillon is a juried fine art and fine craft fair held annually on the second weekend of September on the lawn of beautiful Washington Park in Springfield, IL.
Springfield is home to 4 universities, a community college, a school of medicine, a large medical community, the IL State Capitol, and the President Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Springfield is an art-loving, art-buying community! Art Spectacular is a fundraiser for the world-class 67-bell carillon in Washington Park, the 5th largest carillon in the world.
6,000 patrons from Central Illinois love this art fair for its size, quality of artwork, and balance of media.
Featuring up to 50 artists, Art Spectacular also features a preview sale, patron bucks, demos, Kids' Place, Kids' Art Sale, Music, Food Vendor, Silent Auction and Gift Basket Raffle.
Art Spectacular is a show you should apply to if you want to participate in:
* an art fair juried for quality and medium balance;
* a highly-respected fine art fair in Springfield, IL loved by both patrons and artists;
* an art fair with volunteers that will 'spoil' you with free coffee, water, soda and time-of-day appropriate snacks all weekend;
* load-in and -out assistance if desied;
* booth sitting;
* artists' award dinner; and
* a show known for having "heart" with the founder/chair on-site, visible and available all weekend!
The Call for Artists is available at www.carillon-rees.org and click on the Art Spectacular card.
Deadline for applications is March 31st, with notification by May 1st.
Art Spectacular is extensively advertised in newspapers, TV, radio, billboards, patron invitations, newsletters, websites, signs, posters, flyers, e-mail, and sponsors.
If this sounds like an appropriate venue for your artwork, and you appreciate a beautiful setting, reasonable fees, and the best artist amenities and staff attention, then apply by March 31st.
$35 Application Fee; Booth Fee 10x10 $200.
Juried by 3 professional artists.