10:00am to 6:00pm
We are currently making plans for this summer’s Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts. It will be held Aug 12-13, 2017 in the Bishop Hill Illinois state park. We are writing to encourage you to submit the an application for our juried arts festival.The 2 day event will feature:
30 artists' booths in the park,
a plein aire event with several local and regional art guilds and stations all around Bishop Hill
an empty bowl soup dinner at PL Johnsons with proceeds going to the Galva Food Pantry
a Saturday evening concert at Twinflower Inn with the Preston Jackson Trio featuring Judy Page
and historical walking tours.
We are putting a lot of effort in marketing this event to insure that you have customers, including ads in suburban Chicago newspapers, regional papers, and an over the top social media marketing campaign.
Please feel encouraged to share the attached entry with other artists and submit your application before June 15th.
For more information, contact Lou Hanson of Hantverk Galleri at 309-927-3064.
In support of artists,
President, Bishop Hill Arts Council
$95 for each 10 x`10 space
The Bishop Hill
Festival of the Arts
August 12 & 13, 2017 10am-5pm
Fine Arts and Craft Show Application/Contract –Deadline June 1st
Exhibitor Name ______________________________________________________
Company Name ______________________________________________________
City _________________ State __________________ Zip Code ______________
Phone __________________ Email ______________________________________
Type of Work________________________________________________________
Photos: 3-5 of current work required _____________________________________
Cost: $95 per 10 x 10 space # of Spaces Required _________________________
Please include a check made payable to the Bishop Hill Arts Council with this signed application and photos of work and mail to:
BHAC, Festival of the Arts, PO Box 47, Bishop Hill, Illinois 61419
Photos can also be submitted by email: email@example.com
Please use the subject: Festival of the Arts
This is a juried outdoor show. Applicants must submit 3 to 5 photos of their work by email or traditional mail. This show will take place rain or shine so please be prepared. Individual spaces are 10 x 10 .
Other events during the Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts include hands on children’s activities, plein air throughout the town, a display and sale of the Illinois Wheat Weavers Assoc., guided walking tours of Bishop Hill, Pie in the Park, an Empty Bowls Soup Supper and a Backyard Concert at TwinFLower Inn.
The Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts is organized and run by The Bishop Hill Arts Council. For the last 10 years this successful event was known as Clay and Fiber Fest. The BHAC will continue to offer an arts filled weekend for our visitors.
Exhibitor Rules and Regulations:
1. All work must be original, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the artist themselves. Kits, imports and mass productions will not be allowed.
2. All applications must be accompanied by 3 – 5 photos of your work and must be the work represented at the booth.
3. Displays should be kept clean and professional for the duration of the show.,
4. Exhibitors are responsible for the setup and breakdown of their booth and any tents or tables required.
5. Set up is from 3pm to 8pm on Friday, August 11th. Day of show setup begins at 7am on Saturday August 12th.
6. The Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts is open to the public from 10am to 5pm each day. Artists are expected to be open to the public during this time. No early take down will be allowed.
7. The Bishop Hill Arts Council is not responsible for any damage, loss or claims resulting from the exhibitor setting up and selling their work at The Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts.
By signing below, you are agreeing to the Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
Applications for The Bishop Hill Festival of the Arts must be postmarked no later than June 15, 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by June 20, 2017.
If you have further questions please call Lou Hanson: 309-927-3064